Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
½ cup chopped red bell pepper
½ cup chopped green bell pepper
8 ounces ground chicken sausage
½ cup salsa
6 medium (8-inch) flour tortillas
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with cooking oil. Add
the eggs. Scramble for 2 to 3 minutes, until the eggs are fluffy.
Remove the eggs from the skillet and set aside.
3. If needed, spray the skillet with more oil. Add the chopped red and
green bell peppers. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, once the peppers are
4. Add the ground sausage to the skillet. Break the sausage into
smaller pieces using a spatula or spoon. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes,
until the sausage is brown.
5. Add the salsa and scrambled eggs. Stir to combine. Remove the
skillet from heat.
6. Spoon the mixture evenly onto the tortillas.
7. To form the burritos, fold the sides of each tortilla in toward the
middle and then roll up from the bottom. You can secure each
burrito with a toothpick. Or you can moisten the outside edge of the
tortilla with a small amount of water. I prefer to use a cooking
brush, but you can also dab with your fingers.
8. Spray the burritos with cooking oil and place them in the air fryer.
Do not stack. Cook the burritos in batches if they do not all fit in
the basket. Cook for 8 minutes
9. Open the air fryer and flip the burritos. Heat it for an additional 2
minutes or until crisp.
10. If necessary, repeat steps 8 and 9 for the remaining
11. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the burritos.
Cool before serving.
NUTRITION: Calories 236 Fat 13g Carbs 16g Protein 15g