Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 hours
1½ pounds beef round, trimmed
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
2 teaspoons onion powder
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Ground black pepper, as required
1. In a zip-top bag, place the beef and freeze for 1-2 hours to firm up.
2. Place the meat onto a cutting board and cut against the grain into
3. In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix until well
4. Add the steak slices and coat with the mixture generously.
5. Refrigerate to marinate for about 4-6 hours.
6. Remove the beef slices from bowl and with paper towels, pat dry
7. Divide the steak strips onto the cooking trays and arrange in an
8. Select “Dehydrate” and then adjust the temperature to 160 degrees
9. Set the timer for 3 hours and press the “Start”.
10. When the display shows “Add Food” insert 1 tray
in the top position and another in the center position.
11. After 1½ hours, switch the position of cooking
12. Meanwhile, in a small pan, add the remaining
ingredients over medium heat and cook for about 10 minutes,
13. When cooking time is complete, remove the trays
NUTRITION: Calories 372 Fat 10.7 g Carbs 12 g Protein 53.8 g